|Material(s)||Painted wood and metal;|
|Dimensions||H-87 W-20 D-2 inches|
|Description||This is a "Churchill Weavers" sign. The sign is made of individual wooden letters that are painted white. The capital block letters are mounted on a thin metal plate painted black cut to the shape of the letters. The letters are attached to thin horizontal metal bars at the top and bottom of the letters. (The bars are spaced 8 1/2" apart.) The bars are visible between the letters and they are painted red. There are circular holes in the bars for mounting with screws. The words are separated: A) "Churchill" B) "Weavers".|
|Notes||Churchill Weavers was started in 1922 by David Carroll and Eleanor Churchill in Berea, Kentucky. The company produced luxury hand-woven fabrics such as throws, baby blankets, ties, wraps and commissioned art pieces. In 1973, Lila and Richard Bellando bought the business from Mrs. Churchill. Churchill Weavers closed in 2007. That same year the Kentucky Historical Society was able to purchase the collection which includes museum artifacts such as looms, fabric samples, finished woven pieces, and designs, as well as archival materials such as photographs, account ledgers, advertisement materials, business records and films.|
|Collection||Churchill Weavers Collection|
Churchill, David C.
|Physical Holder||Kentucky Historical Society - KHS|