|Dimensions||H-29 W-78 D-13 inches|
This is a church pew with a plank seat and back rest. They are mortised into two solid side supports. The side supports are curved in the front and straight on the back and has chamfered edges. There side supports have a flat surface on the bottom. The piece is very plain and of simple design. The piece was stained or painted a dark color (black?) at some point.
|Notes||Henry Harrison Gambill (1874-1936) and John James Gambill (1874 -1933) were medical doctors in Blaine, Kentucky, Lawrence County. Dr. Henry Gambill specialized in obstetrics and gynecology. Dr. John Gambill specialized in the eye, ear, nose, and throat. Both were actively involved in the agriculture, business, and social community in and around Blaine, Kentucky.|
|Collection||Charles F. Gambill Collection|
Lawrence County (Ky.)
|Physical Holder||Kentucky Historical Society - KHS|