|Object Name||Bottle, Medicine|
|Maker||Whitall-Tatum & Company|
|Dimensions||H-7 W-2.5 D-1.5 inches|
|Description||This proprietary medicine bottle contained Ozomulsion. It is machine molded brown glass with a crown finish. "OZOMULSION" is molded in the glass. It is rectangular in shape with tapered shoulders, round neck, and a wire pull tab cap at the opening.|
The Joe Russell Pharmacy Collection first belonged to Leon E. Morgan and then it descended to his stepson Joe Russell and to the donor Lee Russell Charleton. The pieces relate to the Currey and Morgan Drugstore that Mr. Morgan co-owned.
The Whitall Tatum Company was one of the first glass factories in America. Located in Millville, New Jersey, it operated from 1806 through 1938. Pharmacy bottles marked "W.T. & Co." on the base generally date from approximately 1875 to around 1901, and are most frequently found in a good-quality clear (colorless) glass. After the firm name was changed to "Whitall Tatum Company" in 1901, the marking on bottle molds was changed slightly to "W.T.CO."
|Collection||Joe Russell Pharmacy Collection|
Whitall-Tatum & Company
Currey and Morgan Drugstore
Currey, D. Lee
Mercer County (Ky.)
|Physical Holder||Kentucky Historical Society - KHS|