|Object Name||Bottle, Apothecary|
|Maker||Owens-Illinois Glass Company|
|Dimensions||H-6.5 W-2.375 inches|
|Description||This apothecary bottle is a turn molded made of clear soda-lime glass bottle. It is cylindrical in shape with a wide mouth and narrow lip.|
This object was used in the Currey & Morgan Drugstore in Harrodsburg, Ky. In 1914, D. Lee Currey sold a one-half interest of his drug store to Leon Morgan, creating the Currey & Morgan Drugstore. Morgan had been Currey's clerk for nine years. Harry Joseph Russell (1928-1994), Leon Morgan's stepson graduated from the UK School of Pharmacy in 1951 and bought the Harrodsburg business in 1958. Russell inherited all of the equipment. He also collected related items from other sources. In 1968, Russell moved the business and renamed it Ft. Harrod Pharmacy. In 1984, Russell sold out to Vance Smith who consolidated the drugstores in Harrodsburg and sold them to SuperX/CVS, a national chain.
The Owens-Illinois Glass Company was created from the merger of the Illinois Glass Co. and the Owens Glass Co. on April 17, 1929.
|Collection||Joe Russell Pharmacy Collection|
Owens-Illinois Glass Company
Currey and Morgan Drugstore
Currey, D. Lee
Mercer County (Ky.)
|Physical Holder||Kentucky Historical Society - KHS|