|Object Name||Harness, Farm|
|Description||This is a farm animal harness with two bridles with bits and blinds. It has two sets of adjustable straps with buckles, one in which has hearts stamped on the buckles. There are two sets of wooden hames with rounded brass tops on each. One of them hames has a chain attached to it. There are various leather straps and buckles with the harness as well.|
This harness is from the Lawrence County farm of the Gambill family operated by Dr. Henry H. Gambill, his twin brother Dr. John Gambill, and Henry's son Charles (the donor). The farm operated from the early 1800s through the 1940s, although the tools only span from the 1870s through the 1940s.
Henry Harrison Gambill and his twin brother John James Gambill were medical doctors in a practice together in Blaine, Ky. They were born on February 23, 1874. Henry Gambill received his doctor of medicine degree from the Atlanta Medical College in 1895. He married Lida Mae Swetnam on November 2, 1897. John Gambill married Lida's sister Mary Melvinia Swetnam.
|Collection||Charles F. Gambill Collection|
Gambill, Henry H.
Gambill, John James
Gambill, Charles Franklin
Lawrence County (Ky.)
|Physical Holder||Kentucky Historical Society - KHS|